woensdag 20 mei 2009

side of boat finished!

Hey dudez,

I made this final sideview of the boat. As you can see I started real roundish, but it didn't feel Tiki enough. So I made it edgier and that did the trick. I like the combination of big tikihead and croc heads!

Next to that I also made some other decisions, like ditching the sideview heads. Why? Well, you don't really see them in the game cause of the 2d sideview and it's just more modelling work for Bram and me. They'll get a nice texture with a Tiki head on them, but that's it. This will give us some more time for the character.

p.s= sorry for the horrible colors on that last boat... I just felt like it :P

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hey Tom,

    Nice work on the boat. I really like this idea.

    I have 2 comments;

    Are the mouths transparant so you can see the player as well? Or is this just a seperate compartment?

    Second, the number is a nice detail for a wagon of a ride. But the number itself looks off compared to the rest of the boat. Maybe you can look into that and make the number fit in with the rest of the style of the boat.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks for the comment dude, the number was just a test. I'll make these myself. Second, no, I don't think you're going to see the player throught the glass because it will be 2 distracting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen